I am delighted to share our SIAMs report with you (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist schools).We were inspected on Tuesday 7th November 2023. Our Inspector, Mrs Janet Tringham, identified 5 main strengths;
- A deeply embedded Christian vision infuses every aspect of school life so that all are enabled to flourish.
- Through the curriculum and extra-curricular offer, the school goes above and beyond to develop the whole child. Pupils are enabled to experience life in all its fullness and develop to their full potential.
- Love and kindness are at the heart of relationships in this school community, where everyone is supported and nurtured to be the very best they can be.
- There are long-standing, thriving partnerships with local Christian communities that contribute effectively to the worship life of the school.
- Leaders are determined to ensure that the religious education (RE) curriculum continues to be relevant for pupils in today's world. The quality of teaching is consistently good.
The report concludes, that through its vision and practice, the school is living up to its foundation as a Church school and is enabling pupils and adults to flourish.
In collaboration with us, our Inspector identified three areas for further development;
- Continue to develop staff expertise in leading daily collective worship so that pupil and adult spiritual flourishing is enhanced.
- Ensure the introduction of a new syllabus for RE is appropriately monitored by leaders, including governors. This is to ensure it is successfully implemented and embedded.
- Continue the journey of inspiring and enabling pupils to act with courage on issues locally, nationally and internationally. This is so pupils see how they can have a positive impact on the world.